The Social Planning Committee assists in planning the official meetings of the GCA, which include the Annual Business and Dinner meeting in April each year. The committee also helps plan and organize other social events with the other committees of our community. They send cards on behalf of the Association for significant events of our residents and their families.
Contact Us: Krystal Thurmond (313) 837-6262
Bring your chair, wear your mask and head on over to
on Longacre St between Grand River and Ray Monnier, 2 blocks east of Southfield Freeway
Saturday, May 22, 2021 at dusk
for a free, family friendly movie!
There will be a popcorn vendor.
Grandmont's Annual Business Meeting & Reading in Ramsay Park
Saturday, July 9, 2022 @ 12 Noon
Ramsay Park (Longacre and Ray Monnier)
We’ll be outdoors so dress comfortably & wear your mask.
Dues $30 for the year, Southfield and Longacre Apts. dues $10.
- FREE Book Giveaway
- Youth Expo
- Raffle/Yard Size Jenga/Music
- "Monty" the Grandmont Clown
- School Supplies & Backpack Collection
- A total of (37) acknowledgments were sent out since April 2018. Acknowledgments for: birthdays, deaths, illnesses, thank you's & cheery thoughts were sent out;
- Over 80 people attended last year's Annual Business Dinner;
- Over 65 people attended the Holiday Get Together on December 8, 2018.
For the fourth year in a row the Grandmont Community Association has sponsored a community Halloween and Harvest Party. As Detroit's Home of Good Neighbors, it's important to have events that bring the community together to fellowship. Since the beginning the event has been held at Bushnell Congregational Church. In the last two years GCA and Bushnell Church have co-sponsored the event, working together to provide food, fun and games for all ages.