Accomplishments from May 2018 - March 2019
- Aided in community identification for strategic neighborhood fund investment & streetscape improvement
- Hosted shop small event
- Grandmont / Rosedale one of the first neighborhoods to host activities outside of downtown and midtown; hosted Start Up Week program - a city-wide initiative to highlight entrepreneurs in Detroit.
- Grand River WorkPlace maintained an average of 30 businesses onsite.
- Northwest Detroit Farmer's Market hosted approximately 4,725 attendees and $37,000 in sales.
- Hosted "Small Business Saturday."
- Completed development of a Grand River corridor branding plan for the "Go Grandmont Rosedale" campaign.
- Convened the Vacant Property Task Force. Completed a rental property study with The U of M School of Urban Planning.
Areas to grow into for 2019 May - March 2020
- Developing a strategic plan for the community and GRDC’s future role.
- Piloting installation of a Green parking lot with shared drainage credits among participating businesses. Plans to complete design & construction in 2019; this will be the first shared drainage credit project in Detroit.
- Engage in mixed use and potentially multi-family development.