The corporation is a cooperative effort of the Grandmont Community, the Grandmont #1 Civic Association, the Rosedale Park Improvement Association, the North Rosedale Park Community Association, and other neighborhood groups for the rehabilitation and promotion of housing and business stock in the joint communities, They also promote communication and cooperation between all of their neighborhood groups with the city and many funding organizations.
Accomplishments from May 2018 - March 2019
- Aided in community identification for strategic neighborhood fund investment & streetscape improvement
- Hosted shop small event
- Grandmont / Rosedale one of the first neighborhoods to host activities outside of downtown and midtown; hosted Start Up Week program - a city-wide initiative to highlight entrepreneurs in Detroit.
- Grand River WorkPlace maintained an average of 30 businesses onsite.
- Northwest Detroit Farmer's Market hosted approximately 4,725 attendees and $37,000 in sales.
- Hosted "Small Business Saturday."
- Completed development of a Grand River corridor branding plan for the "Go Grandmont Rosedale" campaign.
- Convened the Vacant Property Task Force. Completed a rental property study with The U of M School of Urban Planning.