The message below is from the desk of Reverend Carl Zerweck, Executive Director of Rippling Hope:
Rippling Hope exists because wonderful caring and loving people like you contribute the majority of the funding that enables us to live out our ministry and mission. Donations make up 70% of our annual revenue.
That’s why we’re asking you to make a special gift to Rippling Hope in response to COVID-19. Every dollar you give will be matched up to $8,000. Consider tithing a portion of your stimulus check. You can send us a check, or donate directly from our Ioby project page: Rippling Hope Community Garden or Facebook page.
You’ll be providing the financial resources we need to continue services, and for the new and exciting ways we are responding to the current situation to meet our neighbors’ needs:
- Construct a new community garden with nine raised beds, shed, and a gravel driveway to provide much-needed food security for our neighbors;
- Offer canning classes this summer and fall to help folks prepare food for future use;
- Organize volunteers to serve on home repair projects once the “shelter in place” orders are lifted (we’ve already received 75 applications from homeowners);
- Provide local opportunities for service for small groups using safe practices;
- Provide lawn care services to neighbors in need;
- Construct library boxes to support literacy.
In the midst of this pandemic, Rippling Hope is seeking to be both active and proactive in continuing to live out our mission. Please stay safe, connect with family and friends however you can, and stay connected to us through prayer, our Facebook and Instagram pages, and via email.
Thank you in advance for placing your trust in God and the continued mission of Rippling Hope in Detroit.
Reverend Carl Zerweck, Executive Director, P.O. Box 27499 | Detroit MI 48227 | 313-704-1230